The countries where SEA personnel have on the ground experience include India, Afghanistan, Brasil, China, Nauru, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Lesotho, Ghana, Indonesia, Kenya, Liberia, Maldives, Malawi, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Seychelles, South Africa, Syria, Uganda and Zambia.
Some of the projects/initiatives that have been supported by SEA personnel include:
- Technical Advice to UNDP Sierra Leone during 2019-20 on Energy Efficient Production and Use of Charcoal and private sector participation;
- Project development and preparation support during 2019 to UNDP on an energy efficiency and renewable energy project development in Nauru;
- Advisory services to Green Climate Fund on support to Asian countries during 2014-2019.
- Development of a renewable energy challenge fund in Nepal for DfID during 2018-19.
- Research project on use of partnerships in thermal energy access in Asian and sub-Saharan African developing countries for DfID during the period 2013-19.
- Development of a clean energy programme for Somalia for UNDP in 2016-17
- Development of a report on financing energy access in Asia-Pacific for UN-ESCAP during 2015-16.
- Advisory services to Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) on energy compacts in Nepal on productive use and off-grid energy issues during 2015-16;
- Consultant to SAARC Energy Centre during 2015-16 for development of a study on net-metering of distributed rooftop PV in South Asia;
- Development of a Renewables Readiness Assessment of Somalia for UNDP during 2015.
- Development of a report on net-metering of distributed generation systems in South Asia for SAARC Energy Centre during 2015.
- Advisory support during 2014-15 to African Development Bank in advancing the SE4All commitments by Ghana.
- Development of a UNDP/GEF project on renewable energy based mini-grids in Malawi during 2014.
- Advisory support to UNDP/GEF PV rooftop project in Seychelles during the period 2013-15.
- Development of a national rural energy programme for Afghanistan for UNDP during 2013-1014.
- Feasibility study for establishment of East Africa Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency for UNIDO and ADA during 2013.
- Expansion of the Positive List for Automatic Additionality of CDM Projects for UNFCCC in 2013.
- Development of a clean energy and energy access programme for UNDP in Lesotho during 2012-13.
- Development of Indian business cases on resource recovery and reuse for energy for the International Water Management Institute (IWMI), Sri Lanka during 2012.
- Development of a renewable energy policy for the Kingdom of Lesotho during 2012-13.
- Development of an energy programme component for UNDP in Somalia to reduce the consumption of charcoal in 2012